Resources for Applicants and Grantees
All packages submitted as part of a grant should contain the following. Templates are provided of the quiz, handout, abstract, and PowerPoint presentation for your reference. Example modules are also specified as a suggested resource when assembling you lecture materials.
The full Guideline Packet can be downloaded here. Below is a summary of submission requirements.
Grant Submission Guidelines
Course Syllabus (document should be .docx):
Lecture abstract: One paragraph summary of
reference the Abstract template provided for additional guidance.
- Readings per lecture (required and suggested)
- Contributor Bio(s)
Bibliography (document should be .docx):
- One document
- Divided by
Quiz (document should be .docx):
- Please reference the Quiz template provided for additional
- One quiz per
- 5-20 short
questions with answers noted. If the quiz is multiple choice, simply bold the
correct choice. If it is short answer, please provide the answer below the
- Provide questions
and answers in one document
Handout, one per lecture, noting the following (document should be
- Please reference the Handout template provided for additional
- Lecture abstract (copied from the syllabus)
- Key Terms (themes, places, building, dates)
- Two or three required readings (you can also add suggested readings). Readings can also be cross-listed in the syllabus.
Slides (PowerPoint file, document should be .pptx)
- Please reference the PowerPoint template provided for additional guidance.
- Image Caption: Each image must have an accompanying caption on the slide with a concise identification and rights label with the following elements: year or year range, identification of the work, a place name (usually the city), and creator(s) and patron if knowable, followed by an abbreviated attribution and rights information in parentheses.